I’m a 6th generation Texan running for US Senate. A venture capitalist as well as founder of 7 technology startups. I founded my first company at age 25. Now I want to work for you.
My reasons for running are 3 and 5 years old. Together we should be building our sons’ and daughters’ futures, not letting our elected officials borrow from it to support our lifestyle. The partisan politics has to stop. They need to listen, follow the Constitution we live by, and and do their job. The rules need to apply to them, too.
Trust in our institutions continues to erode. 30%+ of Texas elections are unopposed. 6 in 10 Americans want a strong 3rd party. There is no place left in the major parties for people like me and you.
I could just stand by, do my work, focus on my family and business. But then what would I tell my daughters in 30 years when they asked why the world isn’t a better place?
- For 200 years the role of a 3rd party in American politics has been to make the main parties listen. We’re going to do that. Together. Then you are going to tell your children, “Yes, I did something.” And so am I.
- To those of you who say, voting Libertarian is a throwaway. I can only respond, in New York, maybe. But this is Texas, long odds are not a problem. Vote your conscience.
- “I have deep roots in Texas, the first member of my family to come to Texas was in the 1850s, 3 generations of my family went to Texas A&M, 3 generations at the University of Texas, with family roots ranging from Bell and Montgomery counties to Harris, Travis, and the Brazos Valley and the Rio Grande Valley. My reasons for running are 3 and 5 years old. They are why I am asking to work for you in the Senate.
- Together we should be building our sons’ and daughters’ futures, not letting our elected officials borrow from it to support our lifestyle. The partisan politics has to stop. They need to listen, follow the Constitution we live by, and do their job. The rules need to apply to them, too.
- Every year Congress struggles even to pass a budget, let alone balance it, or deal with the national debt. Kicking the can down the road to our children.
- Every year inequality gets worse, people get left behind. Veterans homeless, hardworking people with no savings, struggling to pay for healthcare. The stock market goes up, wages do not. Our Congress cannot get out of its own way.
- Our rights and our privacy are increasingly challenged in a digital, connected age, and our government is part of the problem, not the solution.” - Neal M. Dikeman
66% of Republicans in Texas do NOT think Ted Cruz is doing a great job. 3 guesses what the Texas Democrats think ...
Exhibit C on why privacy rights needs to be a major issue. Facebook says data on 87 million accounts improperly shared.
CBO Budget Analysis, for those who want to dive into the details.
Only 7% of teachers say they have "a great deal" of input in school decisions. More than half think they should have more. This is why local control matters.
See all posts