I’m a 6th generation Texan running for US Senate. A venture capitalist as well as founder of 7 technology startups. I founded my first company at age 25. Now I want to work for you.
My reasons for running are 3 and 5 years old. Together we should be building our sons’ and daughters’ futures, not letting our elected officials borrow from it to support our lifestyle. The partisan politics has to stop. They need to listen, follow the Constitution we live by, and do their jobs. The rules need to apply to them, too.
Trust in our institutions continues to erode. 6 in 10 Americans want a strong 3rd party. There is no place left in the major parties for people like me and you.
I could just stand by, do my work, focus on my family and business. But then what would I tell my daughters in 30 years when they asked why the world isn’t a better place?
- For 200 years the role of a 3rd party in American politics has been to make the main parties listen. We’re going to do that. Together. Then you are going to tell your children, “Yes, I did something.” And so am I.
- To those of you who say, voting Libertarian is a throwaway. I can only respond, in New York, maybe. But this is Texas, long odds are not a problem. Vote your conscience. If we win, you win, but the only way to make the main parties listen is to vote against them.
- I have deep roots in Texas, the first member of my family to come to Texas was in the 1850s, 3 generations of my family went to Texas A&M, 3 generations at the University of Texas, with family roots ranging from Bell and Montgomery counties to Harris, Travis, the Brazos Valley and the Rio Grande Valley. My reasons for running are 3 and 5 years old. They are why I am asking to work for you in the Senate.
- Every year Congress struggles even to pass a budget, let alone balance it, or deal with the national debt. Kicking the can down the road to our children.
- Every year inequality gets worse, people get left behind. Veterans homeless, hardworking people with no savings, struggling to pay for healthcare. The stock market goes up, wages do not. Our Congress cannot get out of its own way.
- Our rights and our privacy are increasingly challenged in a digital, connected age, and our government is part of the problem, not the solution.
Let's do this together.